Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe – Dallas, Texas
This was taken the day after the record snowfall in Dallas earlier this year. There was an incredible low hanging fog over the entire city that you can see makes the high rise behind the Cathedral seem to fade into the sky.
In 1869, Dallas’s first Catholic parish, Sacred Heart Church, was established by the Bishop of Galveston. The church was built in 1872 and was located at Bryan and Ervay Streets, near present-day St. Paul Station. The cornerstone for the Cathedral was laid 17 June 1898 and the church was formally dedicated on 26 October 1902. On 12 December 1977, Sacred Heart Cathedral was renamed Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe — “the Cathedral Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.” The Cathedral recently underwent a major multi-phase renovation project. As part of the project, a US$20 million bell tower housing a 49-bell carillon was constructed. The bell tower was planned by the original architect, Nicholas J. Clayton, but was never built. (from wikipedia)