Trinity Episcopal Church – Muscatine, Iowa
At the time the town of Bloomington (now known as Muscatine) was platted in 1839, the Parish of Trinity Church was being organized. In 1841 the first church building was a constructed. It was a simple frame structure which stood on the rear end of the same lot where the stone church now stands, on the corner of East Second Street and Walnut. This was the first church in Muscatine County and the first Episcopal Church consecrated in Iowa. The church is on the National Register of Historic Places in Iowa.